Adjectives that start with Y
What is an adjective?
Adjectives are words that describe and define a noun or a pronoun.
Few adjectives start with the letter Y in the English language. Adjectives that start with Y help you describe things like the color of that yellow flower or the sound of that yappy dog. This guide will teach you the definitions of certain Y adjectives and provide you with synonyms and example sentences for you to become more familiar with their use. In total, this guide will cover 15 adjectives.
List of Y adjectives
- Definition: Being talkative
- Synonyms: chattery, babbling, gossipy
- Example sentence: She loves her yappy
- Definition: Being prompt or prepared
- Synonyms: agile, lively
- Example sentence: She was yare in her youth.
- Definition: Something with a wide-open gap
- Synonyms: gaping, wide, large
- Example sentence: His adventures led him to a hidden yawning
- Definition: Occurring every year
- Synonyms: annual, perennial
- Example sentence: She met her yearly quota in business.
- Definition: Longing for something
- Synonyms: pining, longing, craving
- Example sentence: His yearning cry made her look back one last time.
- Definition: The color of daffodils or daisy
- Synonyms: blonde, golden, amber
- Example sentence: She bought a yellow dress from the shop.
- Definition: Someone who belongs to Yemen
- Synonyms: Republic of Yemen, Arabian
- Example sentence: The Yemenite passenger could not understand a word from the driver.
- Definition: Something making a shrill frequent cry
- Synonyms: squeal, screech, howl
- Example sentence: She brought the yelping dog to the vet in the middle of the night.
- Definition: Something capable of yielding
- Synonyms: submissive, defeated
- Example sentence: You can not win a war with yieldable
- Definition: Something that is distant
- Synonyms: remote, further, unreachable
- Example sentence: You might find the book over yond.
- Definition: The early part of life
- Synonyms: youthful, adolescent, juvenile
- Example sentence: The young kid managed to do what no one else could.
- Definition: Something that seems young and lively.
- Synonyms: sprightly, active, juvenile
- Example sentence: She retained her youthful appearance for a long time.
- Definition: Something disgusting
- Synonyms: disgusting, unpalatable, distasteful
- Example sentence: She could not bear the yucky smell of the rotten pudding.
- Definition: Some delicious food
- Synonyms: ambrosial, delicious, delish
- Example sentence: He cherished his mother’s yummy
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?