Not your average spell checker
Spell check isn’t necessarily a new phenomenon. In fact, the first spell checking software was invented in the late 1970s, and this technology has grown more sophisticated ever since. No need to lug that dictionary with you to campus. And auto-correct, while infamous for embarrassing texting blunders, has made real-time spelling adjustment software the status quo.
The EasyBib spell checker considers the entire context of your writing and provides fast feedback. The spell checker works in conjunction with a grammar checker, making sure you use the appropriate word for your situation. One check will:
- Identify spelling issues and typos
- Search for 400+ grammar errors
- Provide suggestions on how to improve your writing
There is so much one EasyBib spell check can help you with.
EasyBib spell checker helps answer some of English’s great questions:
- How many S’s are in the word necessary?
- Should you use affect or effect?
- Should you seperate or separate your laundry?
- Is the rule truly I before E except after C? How does one explain the word glacier then?
Many of the common mistakes we all make can be identified and corrected with help from an EasyBib spell check. The spell checker also goes beyond simple spelling correctness and catches homophone and capitalization errors as well.
Homophones are words that sound similar but have different meanings and different spellings. Some common examples include:
- Should you attend their party, there party, or they’re party?
- Do you report to the school principle or principal?
- Did you run and then shower or run and than shower?
- Do you place an ad in the paper or an add in the paper?
- Are you feeling board or bored?
So, while you may know how to spell a word correctly, you may be using it in the wrong context. Having a spell checker like the EasyBib spell checker will let you know the difference.
Some spell checkers may only search for misspelled words. You may use the wrong word entirely, even though you spell it correctly. Imagine the following example:
It’s important to get along with your pears.
While fruit basket harmony is definitely important, your relationships with your ‘peers’ should take precedence.
While proper nouns and brand names are easy enough to recognize and capitalize, what about the seasons? Or the four directions?
- I’m attending college this fall.
- I’m enrolling for Fall semester.
- Campus is located south of my hometown.
- I love the food in the South.
These little nuances can be tricky to catch and spell correctly.
It’s easy to do a spell check
Simply copy and paste your essay into the proofreading tool at the top of this page, click “Check my paper,” and you’ll quickly receive a free grammar and spell check.
Upload your draft and receive five suggested edits for free! After that, EasyBib Plus is available for a three-day trial period*. Once you unlock the premium services, you’ll have access to unlimited writing suggestions and personalized feedback.
No matter if you use the free or premium service, the spell checker and other essay writing services are available when most convenient for you, 24 hours a day and seven days a week. You can cancel anytime.
*See Terms and Conditions