Adjectives that start with L
What is an adjective?
In general, an adjective describes or modifies a noun.
Since the letter L is one of the most prevalent consonants in English, many adjectives in the language start with it. In a sentence, an adjective may appear before a noun or pronoun, after a noun or pronoun, or modify a word that is not in the sentence. The adjectives starting with L are a limited set. L adjectives are often associated with the lucky letter L, which is also true of L letters. The adjectives that begin with L can be used to describe nearly anything or anyone. However, many of these adjectives are underused or unused at all! In this guide, you will learn the definitions of several L adjectives and examples of how to use them. This guide will cover 20 adjectives in total.
List of L adjectives
- Definition: of, relating to, or situated near the lips or labia
- Synonyms: labeled, labelloid, palatal
- Example sentence: The labial tentacles are formed late.
- Definition: doing arduous or unpleasant work
- Synonyms: drudging, laboring, toiling
- Example sentence: A midwife assisted the laboring
- Definition: closed with a lace; edged or streaked with color
- Synonyms: tied, patterned
- Example sentence: She wore laced stockings to the party.
- Definition: not available or in short supply
- Synonyms: absent, missing, unavailable
- Example sentence: After he played his most popular songs, the remainder of the concert was
- Definition: of or relating to milk
- Synonyms: cradle, feed, nourish
- Example sentence: Water helps take the lactic acid out of the system.
- Definition: serving as a lead or head of something
- Synonyms: head, executive, top
- Example sentence: Please contact the lead supervisor for support.
- Definition: having no leaves
- Synonyms: bare, defenseless, exposed
- Example sentence: Roots and leafless bushes stuck up wildly at the end of the strip.
- Definition: inadvertent leakage or admission of contents, particularly liquid or gas, through a hole or break (of a container or covering)
- Synonyms: dripping, oozing, seeping, trickling
- Example sentence: A dropping, leaking fuel injector would do the same.
- Definition: able to be learned
- Synonyms: teachable, duplicatable
- Example sentence: All those things are learnable.
- Definition: a substance formed from animal skin that has been smoothed and rendered flexible through tanning, hair removal, etc.
- Synonyms: coriaceous, leathern
- Example sentence: The black leather bag is beautiful.
- Definition: responsible by law; legally answerable
- Synonyms: responsible, accountable, answerable
- Example sentence: He is still liable for repaying his student loan.
- Definition: unrestrained; tolerant to new ideas; free; generous
- Synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, broad-minded
- Example sentence: Her family has a liberal view on divorce.
- Definition: having an official license
- Synonyms: permit, allow, authorize
- Example sentence: I am a licensed
- Definition: dead or apparently dead
- Synonyms: dead, deceased, defunct
- Example sentence: My hair is lifeless and uncombed.
- Definition: eyes that are unclouded
- Synonyms: crystal-clear, glassy
- Example sentence: Those limpid, gray eyes looked trustingly at her.
- Definition: an individual or body part that is lithe or supple
- Synonyms: slim, supple
- Example sentence: For me to stay limber, I have to practice.
- Definition: pertaining to or limited to a specific location or community
- Synonyms: community, district, regional
- Example sentence: My grandfather had a local rice factory.
- Definition: discover the exact place or position of
- Synonyms: find, discover, pinpoint
- Example sentence: My office is located in Chennai.
- Definition: involving or governed by formal reasoning or logic
- Synonyms: thoughtful, logical, reasonable
- Example sentence: I want her to give me a logical reason for her behavior.
- Definition: sad because one has no friends or company
- Synonyms: isolated, alone, friendless
- Example sentence: She was a lonely child without friends.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?