Select your source (Step 1 of 4)
Review info (Step 2 of 4)
Add missing info (Step 3 of 4)
Get Citation (Step 4 of 4)
Consider your source's credibility
Ask these questions:
- Can you contact them? Do they have social media profiles?
- What do you know about the publisher/sponsor? Are they well-respected?
- Do they take responsibility for the content? Are they selective about what they publish?
- Take a look at their other content. Do they appear credible?
- Does the author or the organization have a bias? Does bias make sense in relation to your argument?
- When was the source published or updated? Is there a date shown?
- Does the publication date make sense in relation to the information presented to your argument?
- Is there a bibliography or links to credible sources?
- Conversely, have credible sources referenced this source (or author)?
- Is the content relevant to your thesis statement?
- Is the tone (academic, casual, etc.) appropriate for your project?