Research papers are hard. As tempting as it may be to just hand in your paper the second you finish that last citation, it is super important to review everything to make sure you don’t have any silly mistakes!
Use this 10-step checklist to make sure your paper is in top-notch form:
- Credit and cite all information from other sources.
- Place direct quotes from other sources between quotation marks.
- Add all appropriate in-text citations or footnotes.
- All in-text citations/footnotes have a matching citation in the bibliography.
- Alphabetize bibliography and check formatting/capitalization of titles.
- The thesis statement (purpose of the paper) is clearly stated.
- The paper has a clear conclusion/closing statement.
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Check for slang words or contractions in writing.
- The title page is properly formatted (when required by your instructor).