Terms of service
EasyBib is an online bibliography composer. The EasyBib service is operated by ImagineEasy Solutions LLC ("EasyBib"). By using the EasyBib website (the "website") you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (this "Agreement"). Using this website bounds you to the Terms of Service listed below.
- Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the website and/or are a Member. A Member of EasyBib refers to any user or institution that either directly or indirectly accesses or grants access to EasyBib's services, with or without payment. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by logging out or canceling your membership. EasyBib may terminate your membership for any reason, at any time. Even after membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
Content Posted on the Site.
- By submitting bibliographic and citation information ("User Submissions") to EasyBib, you hereby grant EasyBib a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the EasyBib website and EasyBib's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the EasyBib website (and derivative works thereof) in any formats and through any channels. You also hereby grant each user of the EasyBib Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. These licenses are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although EasyBib cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, EasyBib reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which EasyBib deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. EasyBib's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: ImagineEasy Solutions LLC, PO Box 4668 #38315, New York, NY 10163-4668.
- Disclaimers. EasyBib is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. EasyBib is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the website or Member of the Service. EasyBib assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. EasyBib is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will EasyBib be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the website or the Service, any Content posted on the website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the website, whether online or offline. The website and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and EasyBib expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. EasyBib cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the website and/or the Service. The service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from EasyBib or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein. EasyBib subscriptions renew automatically until cancelled. EasyBib is not responsible for any overdraft fees.
- Purchases. Purchasers of MyBib Pro, School Edition, or Library Edition must be over 13 or must ask for parental consent before purchasing these services.
- Limitation on Liability. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will EasyBib be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the website or the Service, even if EasyBib has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, EasyBib's liability to you, for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to EasyBib for the Service during the term of membership. All Members, including but not limited to individual users and school subscribers, are subject to this clause.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the website and/or the Service, by using the website, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of Delaware, City of Lewes.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold EasyBib, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
- No Agency. There is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between EasyBib and any User of the Service.
- Other. Agreement, accepted upon use of the website and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Service, contains the entire agreement between you and EasyBib regarding the use of the website and/or the Service. The failure of EasyBib to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement.
EasyBib is a service mark of ImagineEasy Solutions LLC.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.